Monday, September 27, 2010

My first blog

Hi, I'm Michael!  I graduated from the University of Oregon School of Journalism & Communication with a degree in Electronic Media (broadcasting) and I'm using blogspot in conjunction w/my Ustream.tv account to help start my post-college sports journalism career.

I'll be blogging about anything and everything that strikes me in the world of sports (and maybe other subjects too), but as I'm living and working in Eugene, you can expect a local focus, and yes, a proud West Coast bias.


This Friday, I'll be calling my first live high school football game on Ustream (I'll now be doing games every Friday) in the Eugene/Springfield, Oregon area-kickoff usually around 7 PM Pacific.  
Show url: www.Ustream.tv/channel/MKSports  
Doing sports play-by-play has been a dream of mine since I started high school-Friday will be my first semi-real football broadcast, so it'll definitely be an adventure and a work in progress!


A little more about me:

I'm from the Bay Area and I'm an Oakland Raiders fan-Yes, your condolences are much appreciated.

I call Lane Titans basketball on Lane TV, and I serve as the Asst. Sports Director at KWVA 88.1 FM-the U of O's community station, where we broadcast Duck Volleyball, Softball, Soccer, and Lacrosse and have our weekly sports talk show "Quack Smack"

While I was at Oregon, I also produced and ancored the campus TV sports segment "DuckU Sports," and I was the Palestra.net Oregon reporter.  I have skills in videography, video and audio editing, lighting, and writing for broadcast and I've been fortunate to cover many big sporting events including the 2010 Rose Bowl and the 09 US Track & Field Championships, so please let me know if I could be of assistance to you/your media outlet. (In other words, I'm looking for any and all work!)

Oh, and of course: I'm 5'7," 135, I love meeting new people, trying new things, cocktails on the beach, and a good laugh.

You can reach me at MKSportsBroadcasting@gmail.com, and follow me on twitter.

Have a great day!
Mike
--Chasing dreams and "creating a life."--

No comments:

Post a Comment